Fused Glass Taster Morning - Suitable for beginners and intermediates
Next Class- Saturday 27th October 2018
The class starts at 9.30 am and runs until 12.30
The course costs £45 per person and this includes all materials* and tea & coffee throughout the session.
This class will introduce you to the technique of fused glass.
The morning will cover -
- An overview of the technique and its history
- How to cut sheet glass
- Using powdered frit and stringers
- Metals and their effects within glass
- Fineline glass enamel on fused glass
- How to pack your glass in a fusing kiln
- Firing schedules
- Hangings, bails & basic cold finishing
You will have the choice to produce a combination of glass wall hangings, jewellery and/or coasters during this morning session.
Note: Your pieces will be fired overnight and can be collected after 5pm on the following Sunday or, if preferred, can be posted out to you the following week.
* You will be given an A4 clear sheet of glass to work with and unlimited coloured sheet, metals and powdered frits.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to email Helen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class numbers are limited, so to secure your place:
Email: email@example.com to confirm your interest and pay a deposit of £25 (which is non-refundable).
You can pay this deposit via- PayPal or via a cheque payable to Helen Stokes.